Team Lead Analytics & Data Science
Tech – BI
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
At Joyn you will work with the sizeable data of our video streaming platform as well as data from external sources. Together with your team of talented & passionate analysts and data scientists, you enable and advocate for data driven decision making in the company. This will bring you in contact with colleagues across all seniority levels and departments, from interns to the CEO and from Product over Marketing to Finance. You also build data led[?]lead product features, chiefly among them our recommendation system.
We are an Agile organisation and believe in autonomous teams that are given a challenge and work towards a shared mission. Therefore we need team leaders with an agile mindset, who lead by example, enjoy working in a very dynamic environment, and are able to guide, mentor and grow high performing teams.
What you can expect
- Lead and develop a team of analysts and data scientists
- Ensure decision makers throughout the company can rely on high quality data and analysis
- Together with your data engineering counterpart, develop data science driven features such as our recommendation engine
- You will also work hands-on with your team - your profile and interests will determine which area you focus on
- Drive a culture of best analytical practises and implement processes, systems and tools to aid and empower the team in their day- to- day work
- Facilitate discussions in your team on how to approach individual projects and tackle challenges
- Align with the data engineering team to make sure we have the right data and tools available to sustain a high delivery velocity
- Focus on delivering the best possible analysis and product features quickly and efficiently
- Interact closely with all relevant stakeholders, across all seniority levels and business areas
How you do it
- You have a deep passion for answering questions with data and get others excited to rely on data for their decisions
- You believe in a servant leadership style that creates a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion in line with the company values where people can fulfil their potential.
- You believe sharing your knowledge benefits everybody on the team and you mentor and develop the skills of the analysts & data scientists in your team.
- We like to get any potential elephants out of the room and resolve possible conflicts quick and early so we can focus on the product.
- You help us build an open, collaborative and candid culture that is built on trust.
- You lead by example and instil the values that ensure your team maintains a high level of competence and operational excellence
- You have fun at work!
- You built your experience working as a line manager in a progressive Agile company
- You have several years of people management / leadership experience - managing, and nurturing talent, as well as managing under- and over-performers
- You have a degree in a quantitative research discipline (such as for example Mathematics, Statistics Computer Science or Economics) or a very high level of practical experience in the field
- You have been working in data science or business intelligence for several years, ideally in media or ecommerce
- If you are on the analytics side, you have professional working experience in SQL and at least one modern BI tool, such as Tableau, Qlik Sense or Power BI
- If you are on the data science side, you have professional working experience in Python and at least one big data framework, such as Spark or Map Reduce based options
- You have several years of experience in turning data into actionable analysis or customer focused features
- You easily communicate with people who always hated math in school and those who see the world through datasets
- You have a wide range of interests and prefer to work across multiple business areasYour stakeholders know you as a reliable partner and a good project manager
- You are fluent in English
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.