Tech Lead Backend (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
ABOUT THE JOB..
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead for our backend services to help us build the next generation streaming platform. Together with your team of talented and passionate engineers you are building a streaming platform in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. We are an Agile organisation and believe in autonomous teams that are given a challenge and work towards a missions. Therefore we need technical leaders with an agile mindset, who lead by example, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and are able to guide, mentor and grow high performing product development teams.
WHAT YOU TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
“I am leading a team of engineers who are building the next generation of streaming platforms to make sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand on any device, anywhere“
WHAT WOULD YOU DO
- Lead a team of passionate and talented engineers and grow your team into a high performing, self organising unit that continuously delivers value by embracing a lean and agile mindset.
- Build the next generation streaming platform and provide services around user identity, asset management, subscriptions and payments, fraud, analytics, etc. in Node.js or Python.
- Drive a culture of good engineering practises and implement processes, systems and tools to aid and empower the team in their day to day work.
- Facilitate technical design and architectural discussions in your team and align with other engineering teams
- Help the team to identify and resolves technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes - engineering is craftsmanship and you enjoy applying good engineering practises.
- You learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before and grow the skill level inside your teams as well
WHAT DO YOU NEED
- You have a deep passion for working on a mission-driven tech product that is designed to solve a complex user problem
- For your team of talented engineers you provide technical leadership and guide the team in technical and product decisions and help us meet the product and business requirements with your technical solution.
- You believe in a servant leadership style that creates a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion inline with the engineering and company values where people can fulfil their potential.
- We like to get the elephant out of the room and resolves possible conflicts so we can focus on the product. You help us build an open, collaborative and candid culture that is build on trust.
- You are the wingman of the Product Owner and work closely with him solving difficult product and business problems.
- You lead by example and instill the values that ensure your team maintains high level of competence and operational excellence
- You have fun at work!
WHAT WE'RE ASKING
- Experienced working as a line manager or tech lead in a progressive Agile company
- People management / leadership experience - managing, and nurturing talent, as well as managing under and over-performers
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams as well as recruit and build teams from scratch.
- University degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- Professional working experience in Node.js/Python, additional languages are a plus
- Broad knowledge of micro service technologies
- Experience with AWS services, especially auto-scaling and serverless
- Working experience with CI/CD, test- and deployment automation, and containers
- English is our team language
Why you´ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package with individual performance bonus
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to
join us and shape our vision.