QA Automation Engineer - Media Platform
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We are looking for an ambitious and quality focused individual to join our Media Platform team as Junior QA Automation Engineer - join the team in developing and operating a cutting-edge massive scale video streaming stack, delighting Joyn customers consuming streaming video at any time and on any device
What You Do
- Drive continuous improvement of Joyn’s media platform, focusing on both video players across mobile devices, Smart TVs, web browsers, as well video backend systems.
- Work with the team to ensure that product acceptance criteria are accurate, clear and well defined, and convert the acceptance criteria into test cases.
- Create and execute manual tests, drive test automation together with the team, document and communicate test results.
- Manage resolution of bugs, working closely with cross-functional team to ensure bugs are reproduced, fixed and users are happy.
How You Do It
- Apply agile development methodologies, prioritise your work together with product managers and engineers in the cross-functional team.
- Create consumer value autonomously as a team, be accountable for your product, find a healthy balance of speed and sustainability.
- Learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
What We Are Asking
- Passion for software quality and user experience, low tolerance to imperfections.
- Knowledge about the importance of manual and automatic testing in the software development process, ideally first experience in building and running tests.
- First experience with software engineering, software design concepts, agile software development, and core development tools (e.g. version control, CI/CD).
- Interest and ideally hands-on experience with video player integrations on iOS, Android, HTML5 browsers.
- Interest and ideally hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure, esp. AWS.
- University degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent.
- Good English skills.
- Excitement to roll up sleeves and make a big impact on a rapidly growing product.
Why you´ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package with individual performance bonus
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to
join us and shape our vision.