Microbial Products Quality Manager
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- The Quality Manager is a highly collaborative role within the research team that coordinates quality assurance (SOP generation, record-keeping), quality control, and logistics for Joyn’s pipeline of engineered microbes for agricultural applications.
- Establish procedures for SOP generation and management, record-keeping, data collection, quality control and logistics in support of the technical strategy in alignment with Head of Bioprocessing and Formulation Development.
- Manage record-keeping and data collection (with Data Science team) for collaborations with Joyn Bio’s parent companies and additional partners, including sample transfers, batch records, sample and batch identification standards.
- Partner with Regulatory Affairs Manager to insure all batches, samples, and production lots of engineered microbes have necessary permits for shipping and greenhouse and field testing.
- Work closely with the strain collection curator to develop robust operational interfaces between the strain collection and Bioprocessing and Formulation Development teams, including management of lots of inoculation vials and SOP’s for handling and maintenance of engineered strains.
- Identify outside contractors for QA/QC of manufactured batches of Joyn Bio’s engineered microbes and manage sample transfer and data collection for all batches.
- 5+ years of industrial experience with biological manufacturing QA/QC procedures.
- B.S./M.S. in microbiology, chemistry or a related technical discipline.
- This position reports to the Head of Bioprocessing and Formulation.
- This individual will be part of the Boston-based Bioprocessing and Formulation Development team.
This position will be based at our Boston, Massachusetts site and will require 5-10% travel.