Lab & Facilities Assistant - Contractor
Boston MA /
Alliance Team /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- Joyn Bio is looking for an energetic and organized contractor to support daily lab and facilities operations within the organization. As a part of the Operations team, the successful candidate will play a vital role in the day-to-day functioning of site operations. The Contractor - Lab & Facilities Assistant takes responsibility for all aspects of daily site operations.
- Monitoring the consumable, media, and chemical inventories.
- Performing shipping and receiving of supplies and deliveries.
- Hosting visiting service technicians and ensuring expected work is performed.
- Coordinating maintenance of office and lab facilities.
- Participating in onsite safety initiatives
- Oversee general lab upkeep and assist with the coordination of periodic lab cleanouts
- High school graduate
- 1-3 years of laboratory, safety or facilities support experience.
- Understanding of laboratory facilities, lab equipment and safety systems and procedures, and shipping and receiving practices.
- IATA and DOT certifications are desired but not required.
- This is a contract position through one of our partner agencies.
- This position will report to the Facilities and EHS Manager.
- This contractor will be part of the Boston-based Operations team.
- This contractor will collaborate with Joyn Bio Departments, as well as other facilities users.
- This position will be based at our Boston, MA site.