Biostatistician (6-month Contract)
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo BioWorks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
Implement statistical analyses in collaboration with technical functions and program teams to help build engineered microbial products for agriculture.
- Statistical Analyses for Assay Development: Apply biostatistics tools for design and analysis of lab experiments, contribute to developing assays which evaluate biological performance of engineered microbes, contribute to experimental design.
- Storytelling with Data and Statistics: Create visualizations of experimental data, Assay parameters, Characterize instrument and reagent variability, and Perform meta-analyses across experiments.
- Develop Data Processing Workflows: Query databases, Contribute to a scientific code base, Develop QC and preprocessing pipelines.
- M.S., or equivalent with a quantitative focus in Biostatistics, Bioengineering, or Biomedical Engineering
- Experience in R, Python, or Matlab required; SQL, command line, and Django strongly preferred.
- Experience with experimental design, e.g. laboratory research and clinical study design.
- Prior UROP, REU, internship or co-op experience in laboratory or clinical research.
- Prior UROP or REU in microbiology or plant biology a plus.
- Experience with website or web app creation, Tableau, Spotfire, R Shiny, Bokeh a plus.
- A passion for creating transformative agricultural products, discovering new ways to add value to farmers.
- This position reports to the Data Science Lead.
- This position is a 6-month contract position.
- This position will be a part of the Platform and Infrastructure team.
- Joyn Bio welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
This position is based in Boston, Massachusetts.