Senior Alliance Manager/Account Manager
Boston MA /
Alliance Team /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo BioWorks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team with room for growth.
- This position is responsible for managing relationships and commitments with Joyn Bio’s partners to advance the Joyn Bio R&D pipeline.
- Manage a minimum of 2 collaborations, requiring significant cross-functional coordination and partner alignment, including development and execution of communication plans, schedules, and governance.
- Ensure success of partnerships above and beyond negotiated outcomes by identifying opportunities for continued partnership, driving critical decision making, and predicting potential conflicts and proactively working to resolve.
- Support subject matter experts to achieve technical success through effective planning, communication, relationship building and meeting management.
- Support Head of Alliance Management to ideate functional needs to support growth and scale.
- Undergraduate degree required. Preference for MS/PhD in scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in contract management, relationship management, account management or alliance management.
- Excellent communication and listening skills across all levels.
- Organized with an ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Driven with an ability to diplomatically navigate internal and external priorities to create consensus and maximize outcomes of partnerships.
- Strong team player who can rapidly build positive relationships & proactively partner across teams.
- Excitement to work in a fast-paced, small company environment with multidisciplinary teams.
- Preference for candidates with strategic alliance management experience.
This position will report directly to the Head of Alliance Management.
The position is preferably based at Joyn’s Boston, MA site, requiring up to 15% travel.
The position will be 75% remote for the first 6-12 months