Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
Execute and develop plant-microbe interaction assay pipeline.
- Responsible to conduct assays that measure plant-microbe interaction parameters for the Joyn Bio strain evaluation pipeline. Assays include molecular diagnostics, microscopy evaluation and culture-based approaches. The role will also assist with microbial culture work and overseeing plant growth experiments in greenhouse and growth chamber.
- Provide technical expertise for method selection, development and documentation. This includes writing SOPs and spearheading pilot tests.
- Manage project planning, execution, documentation, and data transfer.
- B.S. (or equivalent degree and experience) in plant biology, microbiology or a related discipline with minimum 4 years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with host-microbe interaction work (pathogens or beneficial symbionts) and molecular biology techniques. Experience with microscopy preferred.
- Excellent project manager, able to work independently and contribute to a team.
- This position reports to the Plant-Microbe Interaction Lead.
This position is based at our Woodland CA site.