IT Project Manager
Remote, USA /
Computational Biology & Data Science /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo BioWorks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- This position is responsible for establishing and managing processes to implement IT and infrastructure projects within Joyn Bio.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the roll out and implementation of Joyn’s ELN/LIMS/Inventory system. This will include: required reading, assigning roles and responsibilities, ensuring the completion of discovery questionnaires and coordinating a kick-off meeting. In addition, ensuring that folder and team configuration, onboarding, schema development and models, configuration, testing and go-live training goes smoothly.
- Establish project management standards for planning, scheduling of superusers, tracking, formal testing, go-live readiness, change management, and reporting on major Joyn IT projects. These systems and standards would align with best practices in Joyn for project management.
- Vendor and IT contractor management ensuring integration of LIMS/ELN and Inventory software systems with SSO, Warehouse integration, SQL inquiries and API integrations. Ensure compliance with the appropriate guidelines and policies.
- Effectively interface and build trusted relationships with scientists working in a range of technical areas where you may not be an expert. Quickly identify needs and provide solutions to enable more effective communication, planning and decision making.
- Develop understanding and document the framework for what each department and users within each department need to operate effectively on a daily basis (IE admin/communication platforms, R & D platforms, security credentials, VPN, etc).
- Systems Administration and Management of all internal platforms (excluding HR & Finance), including: Act as primary point of contact for all End Users; Field and Resolve end user issues or escalate/delegate out to our third party IT contractor and Coordinate with HR & third party IT contractor for new hire IT onboarding tasks
- Undergraduate degree required. An advanced degree in science, business, or other technical discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience required in biotech lab IT with experience in LIMS implementation. Formal training or certification in this area considered a strong asset.
- Excellent analytical skills with a track record of building business systems and processes. Deep experience with Smartsheets, Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software.
- Strong team player who can proactively partner across teams to identify and solve organizational problems. Excitement to work in a fast-paced, small company environment with multidisciplinary teams.
- Prior experience with the Benchling platform is preferred.
- Understanding of an array of networking protocols, cloud computing technologies (AWS) and infrastructure technologies is an asset.
This is a part-time position and will be a member of Joyn’s Computational Dept and will report to the Head of Computational Biology, Data Science and Scientific Computing.