Boston MA /
Alliance Team /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo BioWorks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, process oriented candidate to join a rapidly growing team.
- The Project Manager will work closely with the Program Director to facilitate the advancement of synthetic biology solutions to address unmet needs in agriculture, including the development of a biofertility product. The ideal candidate will have the project management skills and technical background to extract and manage a pipeline of activities related to microbial engineering, bioprocess and formulation development and in-planta testing.
- Create & maintain program level Smartsheet plans from assay development to engineering and in-planta testing.
- Support coordination of critical upstream and downstream activities for smooth operational handoffs, change management, communication of blockers and help needed.
- Develop Design-Build-Test resourcing views to inform prioritization of activities or hiring plans, where constraints are identified.
- Attend all program meetings (5 to 6 concurrent programs) in which science, strategies and activities are discussed, in order to effectively support project updates.
- Host and manage project level reporting meetings for key stakeholders.
- Synthesize priorities from Program Directors and effectively communicate to project teams to drive clear alignment of goal and activities to reach those goals.
- Standardize project management tools and methods across all projects to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of planning, managing and reporting.
- A M.S. or PhD in scientific discipline in microbiology, biochemistry or bioengineering.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in biotech project management.
- Experience with Schedule maintenance & reporting using PM software (Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, Wrike, JIRA/Confluence, Asana, or Trello)
- Experience in Resource management in a matrixed organization
- Strong desire to deeply understand strain engineering processes and Joyn’s product development pipeline for improved planning
- Exceptional communication skills
- A strong desire to contribute to building a culture of planning, transparency of efforts and tracking accountability.
- This position will report directly to the Head of Program Management with close coordination expected with Program Directors and Department Heads.
- The position is based at Joyn’s Boston, MA site, requiring up to 15% travel.