Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- Joyn Bio, Department of Plant Science is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Research Associate (RA) to support the in planta testing of engineered microbes designed to enhance the performance of plants in the field and controlled environments.
- The Research Associate will be involved in all aspects of the field trial management, data collection, plant tissue and soil sampling, harvesting and analyzing samples, and environmental and phenotypic data collection of traits important to our program.
- A key component of the position will be the collection of high-quality data to drive our advancement decisions.
- As part of the program, the individual will be expected to guide groups of contract research organizations (CROs) to complete required tasks.
- BS in Plant Science, Agronomy or Environmental Science required.
- An individual with the field experience is preferred.
- In addition, a highly motivated individual with good communication and interpersonal skills is preferred.
- Being detailed oriented with ability to collect accurate data in the field is essential.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office and Google Suite) are required.
- An agricultural background and willingness to spend his/her summer days outdoors are a plus.
- This position reports to Entomology Scientist.
- This individual will be part of the Woodland, CA Plant Science team.
This position will be based at our Woodland, California site and will require 5-10% travel.