Woodland CA /
Plant Science /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- The primary responsibility of the incumbent is to develop and manage a disease assay pipeline to evaluate performance of new fungicidal microbes.
- Lead in planta disease bioassay pipeline with emphasis on fungal diseases of corn and soybean. Screening will be conducted internally at Joyn and with external partners.
- As a senior member of a cross functional disease management program, a candidate will develop creative solutions to increase the throughput and efficiency of the assays in the greenhouse and field. This will include close collaboration with Data Scientists for design and analysis of complex greenhouse and field experiments.
- Collaborate with the field trial manager in identifying CROs. Monitor the course of the disease field trials.
- Lead and mentor team of up to 4 direct reports.
- Ph.D. in Plant Pathology is required
- 2+ years of postdoctoral experience is preferred
- A minimum 5 years relevant industry experience in plant pathology and disease bioassay is required
- 3+ years of people leadership experience is required
- Demonstrated experience in agricultural field research and the development of biological and/or crop protection products is a requirement
- The position will be part of the Plant Science Department and report to the Department Head
This position will be based at our Woodland, CA site and will require 5-10% travel.