Lab Operations Coordinator
Boston MA /
Microbial Engineering /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- Joyn Bio is looking for an energetic and organized individual to manage daily laboratory operations within the company. With inputs from the Microbial Engineering, BioProcessing and Formulation Development, and Plant Sciences and Analytical teams, the successful candidate will play a vital role in the overall organization of the laboratory and the management of daily operations. The Lab Operations Coordinator takes responsibility for all aspects of the lab, including but not limited to: instruments/equipment operations and calibration, availability of supplies needed to ensure the lab runs smoothly and receiving and shipping of biological material.
- Specific Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: Oversees use of laboratory supplies and ensures all reagents, SDS, and supplies are organized and available when needed. Ensures all instrumentations/equipment is functioning and properly maintained. Ensures lab users have been trained on the correct use of the lab equipment. Works closely with Quality Manager to write and implement SOP’s for use of equipment. Coordinates ordering and receiving supplies and biological materials for Joyn Bio departments. Maintains a clean and safe laboratory environment. Oversees proper labelling and storage of chemical and biological wastes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.5+ years of laboratory management.
- Understanding of laboratory facilities, lab equipment and safety systems and procedures, and shipping and receiving practices.
- Experience with ELN software for management of lab records and inventory.
- Experience with writing and editing SOPs and safety protocols.
- Attention to details, strong problem-solving, written, and verbal communication skills.
- This position will report to the Head of Microbial Engineering.
- This individual will be part of the Boston-based R&D team.
- This individual will collaborate with Joyn Bio Departments, as well as other facilities users.
Location: This position will be based at our Boston site.