Woodland CA /
Plant Science /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo BioWorks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- Support Controlled Environment Platform (CEP) activities.
- Learn and support daily operation of greenhouse control software.
- Maintain project tracking documents and contribute to project management and protocol development for greenhouse assays.
- Support horticultural, irrigation system management and pest control activities.
- Irrigate, inspect plants for optimal health, inspect greenhouse systems for operation daily and on weekends/holidays as needed.
- Apply herbicides or pesticides safely with prescribed PPE and training.
- Mix and dilute fertilizer stock solutions.
- Inclination towards organizational problem solving and project management.
- Two years hands-on experience supporting greenhouse and horticulture operations in context of scientific research or production.
- Experience managing greenhouse controls software like Priva or Argus or aptitude to learn novel, complex software preferred.
- Eye for detail, horticultural skills, safe work habits, ability to work unsupervised.
- Perform repetitive tasks efficiently, accurately, and safely.
- Experience developing or following standard operating procedures with a critical eye towards efficiency.
- Proficiency with Office software.
- Safely lift 50 lbs.
- Physical system maintenance and troubleshooting experience preferred.
This position reports to the Greenhouse Manager at our Woodland CA site.
This is a full time position that may require regular or occasional weekend work.