Program Director - Weed Control
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
Lead cross functional research program to create new microbial weed control solutions for agriculture.
- Conceive and lead complex cross functional research strategy drawing on technical expertise from functional teams and partners across multiple sites.
- As a member of Joyn Leadership Team, help to develop the company’s overall scientific strategy and operationally steer budget and resources.
- Act as the public face of the project to curate a network of external collaborators and advisors. Manage selected external alliances relevant to program topic.
- Interface and facilitate collaboration with Gingko and Bayer colleagues to develop an integrated research platform and advance projects.
- Coordinate team members across functions and sites to cooperatively and aggressively advance the project.
- 5+ years of agriculture industry research experience in weed science and plant biology.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent combination of degree and experience) in weed science, plant physiology, biochemistry, microbial biocontrol, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully conceiving and leading multi year research programs comprising team members from diverse functions.
- Capable of leading across the organization by influence.
- This position reports to Head of Microbial Engineering.
- This individual will be a member of Joyn’s R&D Leadership Team
This position will be based at our Boston, MA site and will require at least 10% travel including quarterly visits to our California site.