Head of Human Resources
Boston, MA or Woodland, CA /
Executive Team /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- Joyn Bio has steadily grown since the company was formed in 2017 and is ready to add its first full-time Head of HR. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Human Resources provides the leadership and functional expertise to develop and execute human resource strategies for the Company. This position has functional responsibilities for talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, training and development, onboarding, policies and procedures and legal compliance. This role will provide strategic leadership to help the company meet its strategic and operational goals.
- Develop, implement and provide leadership with the organizational development, talent acquisition, talent management and total rewards strategy
- A trusted advisor/thoughtful sounding board and business partner to the company’s senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues and providing guidance on managing complex and sometimes sensitive employee relations matters
- Partner with the leadership team to foster a unified culture that inspires excellent performance and strong employee engagement
- Lead and manage the HR function to ensure quality, innovation, flexibility, and excellent customer service
- Set the HR agenda for the company in coordination and collaboration with the senior management team by developing a keen understanding of the company culture, business goals and strategies, and establishing and executing organizational initiatives in support of those strategies
- Ensure that the company follows relevant federal, state and local regulations and ensure timely and accurate reporting to all outside agencies, as required
- Requires BS degree (advanced degree preferred) with 15+ years’ experience in HR, preferably in emerging Ag biotech/life science companies, including a substantial background in organizational development and compensation/benefits program design
- Track record of success in dynamic, fast growth, results-oriented organization
- Experience with a workforce distributed across multiple sites
- Demonstrated experience growing/scaling a company and managing change
- An effective leader who inspires trust and confidence in others
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, energetic, self-starter
- Genuinely committed to a high standard of business and personal ethical behavior
- Possess the ability, business maturity, and interpersonal savvy to be proactive and establish credibility with all employees across the Company
- This position can be based in either our Boston, Massachusetts site or our Woodland, CA site. Regular travel will be required between sites.
Joyn Bio is committed to treating all applicants fairly without discrimination. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law.