Woodland CA /
Plant Science /
Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- This role is responsible for running inplanta testing of microbial leads and products in the lab and controlled environment.
- Evaluate in planta performance of Joyn Bio engineered microbes in biological assays run in controlled environments
- Execute and maintain greenhouse and growth chamber trials
- Collect and analyze data; write reports and document data in digital formats
- Work collaboratively within Plant Science team and cross functional project teams.
- A BS degree in agronomy, plant physiology, plant science, or relevant disciplines.
- 1-5 years of industrial experience with a focus on management of lab/greenhouse screening assays in row crops (corn, soy)
- Experience in design and execution of greenhouse experiments is desirable
- Experience with high throughput plant phenotyping and digital imaging is desirable
- Experience in nitrogen fixation or physiology in plants and/or microbiology is a plus
- This position will be report to a senior project scientist in Joyn Bio’s Plant Science Group
This position will be based at our site in Woodland, California