Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo BioWorks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- This position is responsible for establishing and managing processes to plan and steer pre-commercial research projects within a matrix organization.
- Establish systems and standards for planning, tracking and reporting on major Joyn research projects. This platform will facilitate decision making and communication by Program Directors to internal stakeholders. These tools would include for example dashboards to share project progress and gaps and creation of a stage gating process for Joyn product pipeline.
- Collect, curate and present data on resource allocation to enable project planning and assist with forecasting for future hiring, budget and infrastructure needs.
- Effectively interface and build trusted relationships with colleagues working in a range of technical areas where you may not be an expert. Quickly identify needs and provide solutions to enable more effective communication, planning and decision making. Train on best practices
- Alliance management: contingent on partnering activity, this role may also include responsibility for managing external research alliances and creating shared best practices.
- Undergraduate degree required. An advanced degree in science, business, or other technical discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience required in PMO or project management within a matrix environment. Formal training or certification in this area considered a strong asset.
- Excellent analytical skills with a track record of building business systems and processes. Deep experience with Smartsheets, Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software.
- Strong team player who can proactively partner across teams to identify and solve organizational problems. Excitement to work in a fast-paced, small company environment with multidisciplinary teams.
- Prior experience with management of external alliances.
This position will be a member of Joyn’s Commercial Project Team and will report to the CSO.
The position is preferably based at Joyn’s Boston, MA site, requiring up to 15% travel to the Woodland, CA site.