Senior QA Engineer - Mexico
Guadalajara, Mexico - Remote /
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
You’ll be actively involved in all phases of the software development life cycle: collaborating with development teams to create test strategies and test cases; executing manual and automated functional, regression, and performance tests; developing and maintaining automated tests; working with code libraries and enhancing the automation test framework and infrastructure. The QA Engineer collaborates with the software engineering team to specify test cases which help guide development and help developers define unit/integration tests.
- Defining, developing and implementing quality assurance practices and methodologies in test planning and test cases.
- Executing and writing manual and automated software tests.
- Conducting technical discussions with internal development partners to understand their designs and intended output.
- Hands-on testing of server components, system interfaces and client components.
- API service testing and browser based UI testing of web-based applications, native application testing on various operating systems, and end-to-end system testing.
We’re looking for:
- 4 + years experience testing web applications and specifying/organizing/implementing automated functional tests.
- Experience and understanding of test automation tools for web applications and APIs.
- Experience with stress and load testing of web applications.
- Experience with writing automated software tests.
- Experience debugging commands in a linux/OSX command line environment.
- Experience with UI test automation tools including; Selenium, Cypress and others.
- Experience with rapid product release cycles and a passion to understand and apply an Agile approach to software development and test.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and ability to work closely in a team oriented environment
- Complete understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and QA’s role in it.
Bonus if you have the following:
- Prior experience with small companies and dynamic fast-paced projects
- Coding experience – preferably in Python or Golang
- Comfortable on a linux/OSX command line environment
- Experience with the Behavior Driven Development (BDD) testing framework
- Experience with Docker
- Degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration pipeline tools
- Experience with Golang based web applications
- Experience in multiple Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.