DevOps Manager - United States
Atlanta, GA - Remote /
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, Uplight, ClassPass and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
JumpCloud is looking for a leader for our DevOps\SRE infrastructure engineering team. At JumpCloud we’re solving complex problems using technologies like Hashicorp Vault, Terraform, Consul, MongoDB, various AWS offerings, Salt, Python and many others. We’re in the cloud and for the cloud, taking advantage of all the fun tools and capabilities offered to us by Amazon AWS. We are focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are solving some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud-based architecture cloud scaling.
What you’ll be doing:
This role is responsible for the infrastructure that supports our solutions. You will be responsible for the high availability and scalability of our environment in an ever increasing automation manner. Be a player, coach and mentor to a highly skilled infrastructure team. Working closely with DevSecOps and Platform (tooling) teams to ensure a secure highly automated environment. Ensure our product software engineering teams have all the tools needed to monitor their applications. You should be a strong believer in DevOps\SRE culture, helping developers and operational teams work closely together.
- Build strong connections with each of your team members by modeling an open, honest conversation style on to best work together
- Charter the common long term goal your team is trying to accomplish and why
- Mentor and grow team members by helping IC’s identify career paths and creating development plans
- Be able to challenge and hold the team to the best versions of themselves
- Build, manage and support Development, Testing and Production environments
- Partner with development teams by providing infrastructure assistance and guidance from the early phases of product development, including the development of software and processes to assist developers in infrastructure-related workflows
- Deep technical knowledge in multiple infrastructure and reliability engineering domains. You have been a reliability engineering geek and now you are interested in having a broader impact, where your technical roots are still important
- Mastery in at least one programming language, Python, Golang and scripting language bash
- Deep experience in agile practices
- Deep technical knowledge in achieving immutable infrastructure, blue-green deployments, short lived instances, serverless, complex auto-scaling
- Experience with container orchestration systems, such as kubernetes or nomad
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with monitoring and observability, such as ELK, Datadog, Cloudwatch and Prometheus
- 4+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high performance teams
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Salt and Ansible
- Experience automating infrastructure using tools like Terraform and Lambda
- Experience with Hashicorp Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul
- Experience managing a diverse remote infrastructure team
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, or equivalent
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Security focused, networking and application security are top priority
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $160,000 - $190,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.
JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in this Job Description. For US Roles: All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area but as a remote company, you are able to work remotely anywhere in the U.S. If you would like to spend time in our offices in the Denver/Boulder area, you are welcome to do that as well.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO. JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.