Software Quality Engineer, Directory Services - India
Bangalore, India - Remote /
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role
The Jumpcloud Directory services organization is focused on ensuring that users, groups, and permissions are synchronized seamlessly with non-JumpCloud services. Our charter is to allow organizations to integrate with any SaaS products where identities can be sourced and where identities and access need to be managed. Allowing IT admins to manage user identities in a single source and reflect them to any resource an employee needs access. We’re looking for passionate software engineers to be the next members of our awesome engineering team. You will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the success of this team as it delivers customer value and solves some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud scaling.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set up and maintain a hybrid identity environment with Azure Active Directory and on-premise Active Directory
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how Active Directory works, including the underlying protocols like LDAP, Kerberos and DNS.
- Cross-functionally collaborate to contribute to ideas, approach, sizing, and create test plans / cases for stories within our Agile/Scrum workflow.
- Collaborate with other QA and engineering staff to understand, utilize, and evolve our BDD automated testing, including creating/enhancing BDD test automation to help scale the testing and enable fast, iterative delivery of features to the customer at high quality
What skills will help you succeed:
- 3-8 years of software quality test planning, test case creation, manual testing, creating issue tickets, and collaborating in an Agile QA process.
- Experience deploying, installing and configuring apps / tools on cloud-based servers in addition to your local workstation.
- Skilled in testing web apps and APIs, including setup/configuration of test environments and tools.
- Experience testing large-scale applications, SaaS applications in the cloud (AWS a plus!) or large, distributed systems. Willingness to perform manual testing where needed.
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end working closely with software engineers and technical product managers.
- Experience with rapid product release cycles and a passion to understand and apply an agile approach to software development and testing.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery pipelines and associated tools.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Deep experience with at least one of the following Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux.
- Experience setting up and configuring Azure AD or Microsoft on-premise Active Directory
- Experience in using tools to automate API and web app UI testing such as familiarity with Gherkin, PyTest, Cypress and/or other test automation tools.
- Experience coding, preferably in Python, but other languages qualify.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.