Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Mobile
Austin, TX - Remote /
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
Our JumpCloud SDETs are integral members of a cross functional feature development team. Working closely with the engineers on your team you will work together on user stories, determine test cases then automate those test cases for the features under test, driving quality into every release. You'll provide testing methodologies, best practices, and thought leadership as we deliver software for our growing customer base world-wide.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain test automation frameworks, using the best tools available
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable tests to validate complex features
- Work closely with the QA engineers to develop the effective test strategies
- Communicate and collaborate within the engineering feature teams to develop test automation processes and plans
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
Skills and attributes we’d like you to have:
- You like to write code, are passionate about quality and think about the ROI of automating tests.
- Knowing how everything works from top to bottom, how the pieces fit together, and how the system works is a passion.
- Creating tools or automated processes to aid in feature development
- Building test automation frameworks for a variety of JumpCloud applications
- Working with feature teams to “shift-left” BDD
- Producing documentation and training QA engineers on how to write, debug, and maintain test cases using the test framework
- 5+ years of professional programming experience with a strong quality and development background
- Coding skills in Python. Our framework is in Python, and you'll help to extend it
- Experience testing React Native mobile apps and familiarity with the tools such as Detox and Appium are a big plus
- Experience developing complex test automation software, scripts and/or automation frameworks and a proven track record of contributing to and maintaining high quality standards
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and enterprise authentication services like Active Directory, SAML is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $136,000-$179,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.