Security Engineer, SecOps - India
Bangalore, India - Remote /
Security Engineering /
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
JumpCloud is looking for Security Engineers to drive direction for our security organization as we engineer, triage, respond, and mitigate attacks across JumpCloud products and services. In this position, you will be a part of a flexible team responsible for handling security operations. As such, you'll need to have years of practical security experience in DFIR, and knowledge of best practices for incident handling, security operations, detecting, and responding to attacks. Maybe you have spent time in blue team CTFs or other cyber defense competitions, but you love to be in the fight. You'll be someone JumpCloudians across the company depend on and trust to respond quickly and effectively in a crunch. Your outstanding communication and collaboration skills are essential to collaborating with diverse stakeholders. Most importantly, you will become a critical member of the team responsible for ensuring visibility across JumpCloud products and services and keeping our customers and service partners safe.
About the Role:
The Security Engineer, SecOps role is responsible for Incident Response, Incident Management Lifecycle, creation and management of alerts/detections, forensics, and daily operational needs for the security of the company.
- Execute, develop, and document incident management runbooks and processes
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Prioritizes events using existing tools to correlate data for the purpose of reducing false positives and detecting threats
- Analyze and tune security alerts and interpret events, as well as create new signals based on signatures and behavioral activities
- Respond to security incidents, lead investigations, and perform forensics on IT systems as necessary.
- Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and potential compromises through thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Partner with key stakeholders and communicate effectively to continuously improve the feedback loop of preparation, identification, analysis, containment, and post mortem activities.
- Prepare executive summaries and conduct briefings on significant investigations.
Additional Responsibilities/Opportunities for growth:
- Depending on your skillset and interest level, the following responsibilities are available to all members of the security team
- Contribute to our Threat Modeling and Threat Assessment efforts
- Partner with engineering teams to promote secure coding practices
- Pentesting and Red Team Operations
Qualifications And Skills
- Expertise in building and operating security information/event management systems (SIEM), centralized logging, and enrichment solutions (Endpoint protection/detection, Network telemetry data, ELK, DataDog, Snowflake, AWS services, HR systems, codebase infrastructure, build infrastructure)
- Expertise with Linux, Windows, and MacOS security and best practices
- Practical experience working with AWS and knowledge of AWS security best practices
- Ability to automate workflows via scripting languages: Python & Shell
- Superb communication skills and capacity; ability to partner effectively with diverse company stakeholders.
- Active and current knowledge of campaign behavior, trending threats, IoCs, TTPs, and mitigation techniques as blue team operations
- Competency in integrating Threat data, enrichments, for higher-value outcomes and behavioral situational awareness
- Industry certifications such as GCIH, GCIA, CFCE, GFCA and/or GCFE a plus
- Views security as an enabler, not an inhibitor to innovation
- Results oriented
- High Level of Integrity
- Ownership and Accountability
- High Level of Autonomy
- Clear Communication
- Creative Problem Solver
- Passionate about Security
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.