Senior Software Engineer, Device Management
San Francisco, CO - Remote /
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Organization:
Our Device Management organization is changing the way IT admins and users securely use their devices to get work done. Our unique development approach brings fast-paced SaaS methodologies to a traditionally stagnant and slow moving environment. Our Go agent running on customer laptops evolves quickly (weekly releases!?!) and gives IT admins instant access to thousands of data points about their heterogeneous environment. We believe giving admins a secure platform for their users enables our customers to move fast, stay secure, and save time. Our Device Management team is at the heart of this vision. Come join us!
About the Role:
We’re looking for senior software engineers to be the next members of our growing Device Management teams. Depending on your aptitude and abilities, you’ll be working with the full technology stack, all the way from operating systems internals to SaaS front-end code. We're using the latest and greatest technologies like GoLang, Node, Docker, ELK Stack, Redis, and more.
But wait, you haven’t used those technologies? No worries: we’re open minded and we believe that good engineering is not technology specific.
The Problems you’ll be solving…
As a key part of our devices management engineering team you’ll lead developing features that enable JumpCloud devices management to secure and authenticate across environments with heterogeneous operating systems. Continuous improvement is a core value at JumpCloud. We challenge every member of our team to be 1% better everyday.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with product, UX and other senior engineers on feature discovery and rapid prototyping to help shape the long term roadmap in the JumpCloud product portfolio
- Partner with our architects to help make key technology decisions, inform build vs. buy decisions, and inform new product development vs. technical debt decisions
- Lead and contribute to device management areas ranging from working with operating system APIs & internals to contributing to our cloud platform
- Help your engineering team continuously improve our processes, techniques and technologies
We’re looking for…
- 5+ years of industry/production programming experience
- Bachelor and/or Master degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience delivering products collaboratively and end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and maintenance
- Comfortable working in a cross-platform environment (Mac/Linux/Windows)
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
- Excellent organizational and inclusive technical leadership skills
- Experience in any of the following: Go, NodeJS, Java, Python, C, or C++, with a willingness to learn Go and/or NodeJS
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role is $136,000 to $179,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.