Tier 2 Customer Support Engineer, Windows and Active Directory - United States
Denver, CO - Remote /
Customer Success /
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, Uplight, ClassPass and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role
This is an excellent growth opportunity for someone with previous work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or System Administrator with a background in supporting Windows and Active Directory environments who would like to join an IT focused product company. Tier 2 Customer Support Engineers will have an opportunity to support Windows, Active Directory and other areas of the JumpCloud platform. This role involves rigorous training and clear communication in deeply technical identity subject matter such as authentication, system management, and networking. You’ll work with passionate team members supporting an exciting product actively used by our global user base.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide technical support and issue resolution to our customers through ongoing issue triaging via email, telephone or remote web session.
- Collaborate with peers, mentors, our knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools to provide the most effective, world-class solutions for our customers.
- Reproduce issues in-house and respond to customers in a timely manner.
- Create and implement processes that help Support meet key objectives
- Escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
- Work with Customer Success Managers and Implementation Engineers to ensure the success of our new customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product - ensuring the access of their entire employee base to all of the resources needed - their servers, workstations and laptops, the networks they access to all of the web and on-premise applications they use every day.
- Research and evaluate technologies to create new knowledge base articles that capture new information for reuse throughout the organization and for end users.
- On-call rotation required. Duration - 1 week intervals. Duties include monitoring of status updates and external customer responses to incoming cases during outage.
We're Looking for:
- Inspired technology professionals who love the challenge of supporting our customers and internal teams to ensure the successful adoption, usage, integration of our Directory-as-a-Service® (DaaS) platform.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a technical, customer-facing position
- Excellent interpersonal communication, passion for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills are imperative.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows platform - Registry Hives, LGPOs, PowerShell and CMD, Windows Credential Manager (WCM), Event Logging, Windows Home/Pro/Server Experience
- In-depth knowledge of the Active Directory platform - Domain Forests, GPOs, Azure Active Directory (AAD), User/Group Management, Network Architecture and Design
- Understanding or exposure to one or more of the following:
- Single Sign-on (SAML)
- Networking & Authentication (RADIUS)
- Directory Services (Azure, G Suite, Okta, LDAP)
- macOS and Linux Operating Systems
- User onboarding and offboarding
- REST APIs
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm MT
- Monday- Friday, 2:00pm - 11:00pm MT
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $60,000-$90,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in this Job Description. For US Roles: All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area but as a remote company, you are able to work remotely anywhere in the U.S. If you would like to spend time in our offices in the Denver/Boulder area, you are welcome to do that as well.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO. JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.