Tier 3 Customer Support Engineer - India
Delhi, India - Remote /
Customer Success /
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
As a Technical Support Engineer- Tier 3 you will be responsible for providing world-class technical support to JumpCloud’s customers. We are looking for a highly technical self-starter that is driven to exceed customer expectations across JumpCloud’s various support channels. This position will resolve mission critical customer issues in a fast-paced environment, while serving as the face of technical and customer escalations at JumpCloud. As a Technical Support Engineer- Tier 3 you will help build our escalations process, mentor Tier 1 & 2 Engineers, apply your deep technical knowledge to resolve customer issues, and regularly interface across Support and Engineering to ensure the timely resolution of defects.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Resolve the most complex and urgent technical and customer escalations. There is no technical issue that is too complex or difficult for our tier 3s to handle.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Technical Support Engineers.
- Partner with Engineering to drive resolution of critical issues, outages and defects.
- Develop strong relationships with customers, including executive stakeholders.
- Proactively identify potential escalations via case review and metrics.
- Create processes and Tier 3 programs that directly benefit customers and that align with the core objectives of the support team.
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of the JumpCloud Platform while serving as an SME to develop internal training.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers and Implementation Engineers to ensure the success of our new customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product.
- Research and evaluate technologies to create new knowledge base articles that capture new information for reuse throughout the organization and for end users.
What We're Looking for:
- Inspired technology professionals who love the challenge of supporting our customers and internal teams to ensure the successful adoption, usage, and integration of our Cloud Directory Platform.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a senior technical, customer-facing position, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience in a tier 3, escalations, team lead, or senior technical support engineer role
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Passion for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A logical approach to problem solving
You must have basic understand of several of the following concepts:
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows platform - Registry Hives, LGPOs, PowerShell and CMD, Windows Credential Manager (WCM), Event Logging, Windows Home/Pro/Server Experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the macOS platform- FileVault, Keychain, Apple Mobile Device Management (MDM) + DEP, and overall system management.
- Directory Services (Active Directory, G Suite, Okta, LDAP).
- Linux- Secure Shell (SSH), User Identifier (UID) and Group Identifier (GID) management, Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM), pkg management (Yum, RPM, Apt, etc.), and experience supporting and troubleshooting one or more Linux distros: Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, or CentOS
- Experience working with REST API’s.
- Single Sign-on (SAML, SCIM)
- User onboarding and offboarding
- Previous JumpCloud experience
- Track record of automating IT services via scripting, PowerShell, and Slack.
- Experience supporting Networking & Authentication (RADIUS)
- Experience supporting cloud infrastructure.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.