Jumpcut is a venture capital-backed startup that creates cinematic online courses with the world’s biggest influencers.
If you’ve ever taken an online course, you know that 99.9% of them suck. Our team is approaching online learning in a completely new way: combining educational content with cinematic filmmaking. The result is a beautiful, documentary-style course. We believe the future of education lies in creating world-class content - and that’s what we aim to do.
We're seeking a passionate, motivated individual to join the Jumpcut team for a twelve week, full-time operations internship.
You'll be working directly with the Chief Operating Officer on all ops-focused initiatives at the company. The operations intern has four major responsibilities:
1. Managing the company's office space. This includes mail pickup, snacks and beverages, supply inventory, and overall office tidiness.
2. Performing routine operational duties that ensure the company is running at optimal performance. This includes ordering company meals, invoicing expenses, and other operations tasks.
3. Providing timely support to Jumpcut's paying platform users. We have over three thousand passionate members who require our support. The operations intern is responsible for helping them with any and all issues.
4. Working with analytics and cutting data. Operations works closely with engineering to cut data and reach valuable conclusions. The operations intern will be working intensively in Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
Some tasks are small, recurring tasks that can be done autonomously. Others are larger tasks that involve working closely with managers and other team members. Some assignments will come straight from the CEO, and you will need to be able to accept the assignments while maintaining core duties.
- Proficient with spreadsheets
- Highly adept with critical thinking
- Knows how to leverage time and resources strategically
- Strong organizational skills
- Extremely good inter-personal abilities in person, in writing, and over the phone
- Infinitely flexible, and willing to go "boots on the ground" for any request that comes your way
- Fast learner--able to pick up new softwares, instructions, and intricate tasks in very small periods of time
The last and most important requirement of all is to be deeply committed to making a positive impact, for both Jumpcut's employees and Jumpcut's community. You must have a burning desire to make people's lives easier, and won't rest until you've done so.
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hours: 40 hours/week
Pay: $2,000/month + Catered Lunch & Dinner every day
If interested, please apply ASAP with a PDF file of your resume (resume should be ONE PAGE OR LESS). Do not submit any type of file other than PDF. In your resume, you must include your GPA (both major and overall) as well as SAT/ACT score -- without it, we won't consider your application.
Please do not call or email. If you have submitted your application, you will hear back from us. Thank you!