Motion Graphics Artist
Jumpcut is currently looking for a Motion Graphics Artist to join our growing team.
Jumpcut’s Jumpcut Academy is an online education platform. We are replacing boring, lecture-style education with courses that are as addictive as your favorite TV show. Imagine if Netflix created educational courses: that's Jumpcut. We believe education shouldn't just be a means to an end. It should be so uplifting, so binge-worthy, and so damn entertaining, that it keeps you up all night; and in the end, change your life for the better.
- Produce creative, high-quality art assets and primarily motion graphics for our courses
- Create compositions on motion graphics content and assets such as lower thirds and title cards
- Create After Effects templates for editors to use on their projectsUpdate After Effects projects and other assets received from external sources
- Organize, archive projects, and other duties, as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Expert level proficiency with Adobe Suite programs; After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, AE Plugins and other relevant motion design programs. Ability to edit in Premiere Pro a plus
- Excels at motion tracking, color, kinetic typography, composition and imagery. Character animation and 3D animation experience a plus
- An extreme passion for motion graphics and editing, with a good eye for composition, framing, and timing
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize deadlines
- Resourcefulness and persistence in producing the best work you can
- Energy, a sense of humor and an open, curious mind (yes, these things really do matter)
- Communication skills that leave no room for questions or angst – you’re straightforward, candid and above all thoughtful and kind
- 2-4 years of experience and/or Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in fine arts, graphic design, or digital media design
This is a great opportunity for candidates who thrive in a multidisciplinary setting. This is a full-time position in Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood). Don't forget to include a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel(s). Thank you. NO CALLS OR EMAILS.