Executive Sales Funnel Builder
“The greatest mistake marketers make is trying to create demand.”
- Eugene Schwartz
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator and venture-backed startup that creates cinematic online courses with the world’s biggest influencers.
The founding team at Jumpcut has years of experience creating binge-worthy content — we’ve created multiple viral YouTube channels that now have over 4.5 million subscribers and over 500 million views. We’re now taking that content creation experience and applying it to the monotonous world of online education.
If you’ve ever taken an online course, you already know that 99% of them suck. That’s because they all do the same thing: record a dry and uninspiring instructor who talks to the camera for hours on end. While this is fantastic for getting over an Ambien addiction, it’s atrocious for actual learning.
Think about what can be done with video: we have the ability to create things like Avatar, The Dark Knight, and Game of Thrones, but the status quo when it comes to online courses is this. In an ice cream parlor of unlimited flavors, every other online education company has opted for vanilla. We have our eye on the mint triple chocolate chip birthday cake cookie dough with strawberry whipped cream and banana nut sprinkles.
Our team is approaching online learning in a completely new way: combining educational content with compelling stories, captivating cinematography, creative soundtracks, and much more. The result is a beautiful course that feels like a movie. We believe the future of education lies in creating world-class content.
If you want to learn more about our vision, check out our blog post about the future of education: http://bit.ly/2o3WpFH
Here’s a visual example of the difference between most online courses, and ours: http://bit.ly/2naxBqx
If you’re the right person for this position, you eat, sleep, and breathe direct response marketing… you’ve studied the craft religiously for years… and have millions of dollars of digital product sales under your belt.
After a million-dollar launch, you think: “Nice… but how can we 10x that next time?”
Sound like you? Then welcome home.
At Jumpcut, we create and market the world’s best online courses, teaching people the skills to live their dream life.
We’re starting with courses on social media (like how to start a successful YouTube channel), and plan to rapidly expand to other niches.
That’s where you come in.
In the past year, we had a million-dollar product launch and grew to hundreds of thousands of dollars in monthly ad spend (and revenue) through platforms like Facebook, Google Adwords, and more.
Now, it’s time to 10x our growth.
In order to do that, we need to hire the best. A top performer who fits into our risk-taking DNA.
We’re looking for someone who can take our marketing to the next level. Someone who can write a killer Facebook Ad, brainstorm the big idea for a new VSL, and run a headline split-test all before noon… without breaking a sweat.
This is the ultimate place for marketers because while we use direct response tactics, we also have the advantage of being a Y Combinator and venture-backed startup.
For instance, we have a team of engineers that can create custom marketing systems. Imagine never being limited by what marketing tools or “apps” are available on the market.
Think of an ingenious marketing tool? We can build it.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Craft multi-million dollar digital product launches. We’re looking for someone who can bring advanced marketing strategy to the table, but you also need to be comfortable writing great copy (e.g. long-form sales letters, VSLs, and other marketing assets).
- Strategize and optimize our marketing funnels, email marketing automations, and product launches to help us 10x our ROI from paid advertising.
- Lead a team of copywriters to create engaging, entertaining, and educational emails (among other free content) that creates lifelong fans and customers for Jumpcut.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience with: direct response marketing, copywriting, email marketing, marketing automation, digital product launches, conversion rate optimization, authority-building, marketing psychology, etc.
- The ability to hit the ground running. You should be able to help us come up with smart ideas for future products, begin working on highly-effective product launches and funnels, and provide serious value from day one.
- A self-learner. You must be in love with psychology, marketing, persuasion, influence, copywriting, and so forth.
This is a full-time role, based in our office in Hollywood, California. Our salary is extremely competitive, with great benefits including stock options, catered lunch/dinner every day, 401k, health care, and best of all: lots of room for growth.
The first step of our application process is a simple questionnaire to determine if you’re a good fit. These are a series of intentionally broad questions that will allow us to get to know you. There’s only one rule: answer honestly. Your answers can be as long or short as you’d like -- we’re just looking for clarity of thought.
Please do not call or email.