San Diego, CA /
The Packaging Technician reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for all aspects of product packaging including but not limited to:
• Loading empty cans onto depalletizer
• Offloading and palletizing finished cans
• Washing and filling kegs
• Organizing and cleaning packaging areas
• Operating and cleaning packaging equipment
• Maintaining accurate production documentation
• Must be twenty-one years of age or older
• Must be able to work a 4/10 alternative workweek schedule; four-day work week, ten-hour shift schedule
• Minimum of one-year manufacturing experience
• Able to navigate and input information into production software
• Good communication skills
• Positive attitude during repetitive tasks
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
• Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
• Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds using appropriate equipment, techniques, tools and/or assistance
• Able to move 165-pounds, using appropriate techniques and tools
• Able to multitask and prioritize levels of safety and service
• Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
• Able to work in a factory/production environment that may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
Compensation: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
• Let My People Go Surfing Unlimited Paid Time Off.
• Healthcare Benefits; up to 85% contribution for employees and 25% for dependent medical. Voluntary vision, dental, and accidental plans offered.
• 401k with up to 4% company match.
• 12 weeks paid Equal Parental Leave, Baby-Steps Back to Work, $500 Baby Bonding Bucks, and sustainable baby gift.
• Booch, Spirit, and Soft Good Perks.
• And so much more!
Who We Are
Our Purpose: Honest alcohol for a healthier planet.
Our Business: Frustrated with the lack of alcohols that cater to our healthy, outdoors-driven lifestyle, we decided to make our own. While most alcohols contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, and food coloring, we sought to make the healthiest, naturally sourced product.
Our Culture: Our core values are Quality, Sustainability, Transparency, and LMPGS People-First Culture. What’s LMPSG? Glad you asked. We derive much of our management policy from a book we give you upon hiring, ‘Let My People Go Surfing', by Yvon Chouinard (founder, owner, Patagonia). Our policy is to allow workers flexible hours, provided the work gets done with no negative impact on others. Our ‘let my people go surfing’ policy demands that we hire very unique individuals; those with a combination of self-motivation, self-discipline, and energy.
JuneShine is a purpose-driven brand made up of an inclusive group of individuals with diverse backgrounds, passions, and beliefs. We hire self-motivated, independent thinkers, and those who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Bring your whole self to your craft at JuneShine, a proud equal opportunity employer.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).
In an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process, we ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume (like profile photos) before you upload it. JuneShine is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position.