Brooklyn, NY /
Tasting Room /
The Task At-Hand:
Juneshine has opened its third tasting room and first-ever flagship location on the east coast in Williamsburg, NY. Reporting to the General Manager; you will create a welcoming and memorable experience for all guests at the bar, and support the team by preparing and serving beverages while aiming to create memorable experiences that bring our guests back time and time again.
Who You Are:
You are an outgoing, self-starter, and enthusiastic team player who is tapped into the culture of Brooklyn, NY, and its surrounding areas. You are well versed in bar service and cocktail creation. You are quick and consistent under pressure while maintaining professionalism.
In This Role You Will:
• Greet, check identification, take orders and receive payment from guests
• Prepare and serve high-quality cocktails and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in a timely manner
• Assist in cocktail creation
• Anticipate and respond promptly to the needs of our guests
• Tap, untap, move, and re-stock kegs when needed
• Maintain an organized and clean walk-in cold box & draft system
• Maintain cleanliness of the bar, tasting room, and restrooms, including maintaining the atmosphere (music, lighting, etc.)
• Promptly and accurately record all transactions through the POS system to include: comps, voids, spills, returns, and other transactions
• Sell and stock merchandise while following inventory procedures
• Report any potential quality control issues to the General Manager
• Adhere to company policies and standard operating procedures
• Work collaboratively with your team
• Other duties may be assigned as needed
• Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
• 2 years minimum of professional experience as a full service bartender or beverage service role experience in a high-volume bar or restaurant setting
• Available to work weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays and fill in as needed
• Valid New York Awareness Training Program (ATAP) certification required prior to start date
• Valid Food Handler's certification required prior to start date
• Cash handling experience
• Passion for hospitality and a genuine love for building relationships and interacting with people
• Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods and lift up to 75 pounds
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
Compensation: Part Time, Hourly ($10 + Tips), Non-Exempt
• Let My People Go Surfing Unlimited Time Off policy
• 401k with company match
• Booch, Spirit, and Soft Good Perks
• And so much more!
Who We Are
Our Purpose: Honest alcohol for a healthier planet.
Our Business: Frustrated with the lack of alcohols that cater to our healthy, outdoors-driven lifestyle, we decided to make our own. While most alcohols contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, and food coloring, we sought to make the healthiest, naturally sourced product.
Our Culture: Our core values are Quality, Sustainability, Transparency, and LMPGS People-First Culture. What’s LMPSG? Glad you asked. We derive much of our management policy from a book we give you upon hiring, ‘Let My People Go Surfing', by Yvon Chouinard (founder, owner, Patagonia). Our policy is to allow workers flexible hours, provided the work gets done with no negative impact on others. Our ‘let my people go surfing’ policy demands that we hire very unique individuals; those with a combination of self-motivation, self-discipline, and energy.
JuneShine is a purpose-driven brand made up of an inclusive group of individuals with diverse backgrounds, passions, and beliefs. We hire self-motivated, independent thinkers, and those who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Bring your whole self to your craft at JuneShine, a proud equal opportunity employer.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).
In an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process, we ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume (like profile photos) before you upload it. JuneShine is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position.