Class A Driver
San Diego, CA /
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Class A Driver is primarily responsible for transporting finished product, raw materials and packaging materials from our brewery in Scripps Ranch to our off-site Poway warehouse, Los Angeles, Riverside and Orange County. This role will also work closely with and take direction from the Fleet Lead.
Who You Are:
You are a pro when it comes to maneuvering a 53ft tractor-trailer in tight docking spaces. You always find things to do during downtime and are willing to jump in and help them team when a hand is needed. Efficiency and safety are at top of mind with an eagerness to understand how your role contributes to the bigger picture. To put it simply. you hustle!
The Task At Hand:
• Provide transfer service of JuneShine product(s) and materials between various JuneShine brewing locations to cold storage facilities
• Provide delivery service of finished product orders and collect used kegs to/from distributors Pick-up and deliver orders to Santa Monica Tasting Room
• Pick-up product from distributors or raw material vendors
• Complete and input all inventory transactions into our inventory management system accurately (EKOS)
• Maintain Fleet Safety inspections logs and report any issues to Fleet Lead
• Maintain Truck cleanliness and quality control while organizing workload for maximum efficiency
• Follow safe driving practices and standard operating procedures
• Other duties as needed and assigned by the Warehouse Manager or Fleet Lead
• Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
• Class A Driver’s License (CDL) with haz-mat endorsement required
• Minimum one-year commercial driving experience required
• Minimum one-year experience driving a 53 ft tractor-trailer required
• Able to work a 5/8; five-day work-week, eight-hour shift alternative workweek schedule
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Able to lift up to 100 pounds regularly using proper technique or assistance
• Able to be on feet for 8-10 hours at a time
• Able to drop and hook a trailer
• Able to execute parking/ driving maneuvers in tight areas
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
Compensation: Full Time, Hourly ($25.00), Non-Exempt
• Let My People Go Surfing Unlimited Paid Time Off.
• Healthcare Benefits; up to 85% contribution for employees and 25% for dependent medical. Voluntary vision, dental, and accidental plans offered.
• 401k with up to 4% company match.
• 12 weeks paid Equal Parental Leave, $500 Baby Bonding Bucks, and sustainable baby gift.
• Booch, Spirit, and Soft Good Perks.
• And so much more!
Who We Are
Our Purpose: Honest alcohol for a healthier planet.
Our Business: Frustrated with the lack of alcohols that cater to our healthy, outdoors-driven lifestyle, we decided to make our own. While most alcohols contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, and food coloring, we sought to make the healthiest, naturally sourced product.
Our Culture: Our core values are Quality, Sustainability, Transparency, and LMPGS People-First Culture. What’s LMPSG? Glad you asked. We derive much of our management policy from a book we give you upon hiring, ‘Let My People Go Surfing', by Yvon Chouinard (founder, owner, Patagonia). Our policy is to allow workers flexible hours, provided the work gets done with no negative impact on others. Our ‘let my people go surfing’ policy demands that we hire very unique individuals; those with a combination of self-motivation, self-discipline, and energy.
JuneShine is a purpose-driven brand made up of an inclusive group of individuals with diverse backgrounds, passions, and beliefs. We hire self-motivated, independent thinkers, and those who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Bring your whole self to your craft at JuneShine, a proud equal opportunity employer.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).
In an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process, we ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume (like profile photos) before you upload it. JuneShine is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position.