San Diego, CA /
The Task At Hand:
The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Creative Director while supporting the entire JuneShine team across a variety of design projects including but not limited to: Product and packaging design, sales and marketing materials, print and digital ads, event, photo, and video design assets as well as soft goods and web asset support. The Graphic Designer oversees all sales and marketing design project requests.
Who You Are:
You have 3+ years of visual design experience and are a total whiz when it comes to cranking out gorgeous work on the regular. You are well equipped to handle tight deadlines and have a true desire to understand the why behind the work you are tasked with producing. You are proficient in Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator, and have legit brand experience and/or design agency credibility. You have a bachelor's in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience.
In This Role You Will:
• Provide thoughtful design solutions after a thorough analysis of the problem and the audience.
• Create marketing materials such as posters, print, and digital flyers, table tents, static clings, truck wraps, etc.
• Create digital media advertising assets for social, email, web, YouTube, and other platforms.
• Edit and resize photos for various platforms.
• Assist the creative team with packaging project examples including but not limited to: Cans, cartons, shipping boxes, case stackers, and other items as requested.
• Design retail merchandise including, but not limited to: Seasonal soft good launches, hard goods such as coolers, reusable to-go mugs, candles, cards, and other promotional materials.
• Build event marketing assets, including but not limited to: Flyers, posters, and field market kits.
• Manage multiple projects and revisions while adhering to tight deadlines.
• Facilitate communication with Sales & Marketing team to translate requests into effective design deliverables.
• Prioritize work on multiple projects while staying organized, meticulous, and motivated.
• Contribute to discovering and creating strategic solutions to team challenges with a commitment to the underlying “why”.
• Actively find solutions and answers independently as well as within a group setting.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with other designers and team members to achieve exceptional project outcomes.
• Solicit regular feedback to ensure design strategy is aligned with companies’ overall objectives.
• Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
• Live in the desired territory of San Diego, CA.
• Minimum of three years of professional graphic design experience.
• Adobe Suite Proficiency (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
• Proficient in typography and graphic communication.
• Experience with photo editing in Photoshop / Lightroom.
• Experience designing assets specifically for social media (IG/FB).
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
Nice to Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
• Prior experience designing beverage packaging, sales and marketing materials, retail marketing assets, email templates, merchandise, and event flyers.
Compensation: Full Time, Salaried ($70,000.00-$75,000.00), Exempt.
• Let My People Go Surfing Unlimited Paid Time Off.
• Healthcare Benefits; up to 85% contribution for employees and 25% for dependent medical. Voluntary vision, dental, and accidental plans offered.
• 401k with up to 4% company match.
• 12 weeks paid Equal Parental Leave, $500 Baby Bonding Bucks, and sustainable baby gift.
• Booch, Spirit, and Soft Good Perks.
• And so much more!
Who We Are
Our Purpose: Honest alcohol for a healthier planet.
Our Business: Frustrated with the lack of alcohols that cater to our healthy, outdoors-driven lifestyle, we decided to make our own. While most alcohols contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, and food coloring, we sought to make the healthiest, naturally sourced product.
Our Culture: Our core values are Quality, Sustainability, Transparency, and LMPGS People-First Culture. What’s LMPSG? Glad you asked. We derive much of our management policy from a book we give you upon hiring, ‘Let My People Go Surfing', by Yvon Chouinard (founder, owner, Patagonia). Our policy is to allow workers flexible hours, provided the work gets done with no negative impact on others. Our ‘let my people go surfing’ policy demands that we hire very unique individuals; those with a combination of self-motivation, self-discipline, and energy.
JuneShine is a purpose-driven brand made up of an inclusive group of individuals with diverse backgrounds, passions, and beliefs. We hire self-motivated, independent thinkers, and those who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Bring your whole self to your craft at JuneShine, a proud equal opportunity employer.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).
In an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process, we ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume (like profile photos) before you upload it. JuneShine is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position.