Sales Manager, Texas State
The Sales Manager, Texas State is responsible for overseeing the Austin, Dallas, and Houston markets. This role reports directly to the Director of Sales, West and is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Consistently communicate goals to distributor and ensure execution on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Cultivate relationships with distributor sales teams to execute sales incentives, post-offs, strategic initiatives, ride alongs, crew drives, and participate in ABP’s
• Drive constant email and phone communication, regular in-person visits with distributor sales managers and supervisors
Sales Team Management
• Train and coach Sales Reps to ensure our route to market plan
Key Accounts Management
• Personally assist in managing key local chains partners and own On & Off-Premise by building meaningful relationships with buyers
Growth & Leadership
• Work in conjunction with the Director of Sales and People & Culture Team to recruit, hire, and manage a team of territory-specific Sales Representative(s)
• Ongoing team performance evaluation and empowerment
• Work in conjunction with fellow teammates within the region to share best practices and maximize opportunities
• Align with National Accounts on execution objectives
• Work together and communicate with the field marketing team to schedule and/or execute JuneShine promotions, samplings, and sponsorships every week
• Effectively manage time by calling on key on and off-premise accounts weekly by priority
• Communicate updates on key initiatives, what’s working vs. what’s not, wins and losses, and tools needed to be successful every week with Director of Sales - West
• Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
• Must live in the assigned territory area of Austin, Dallas, or Houston
• Valid Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Responsible Alcohol Certification required
• Minimum of 5 years prior professional alcohol beverage sales experience required
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience managing salesforce of employees working on and off-premise
• Previous CPG sales experience, with proven results
• Knowledge of wholesale distribution and operations
• Must have reliable transportation
• Up to 50% travel time may be required within assigned territory
• Able to regularly work during evenings and weekends
• Mid-level sales experience in the alcohol industry, managing distributors in the Budweiser, MolsonCoors, and/or Constellation network
• Prior experience managing multiple product SKUs
• Proficient in VIP as well as syndicated IRI and or Nielsen data
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, fast-growth company
Compensation: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
Additional: Medical, Vision, and Dental Healthcare Benefits, Let My People Go Surfing Unlimited Paid Time Off policy, 401k with company match, and Booch Perks!
JuneShine Purpose: Honest alcohol for a healthier planet.
Our Business: Frustrated with the lack of alcohols that cater to our healthy, outdoors driven lifestyle, we decided to make our own. While most alcohols contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, and food coloring, we sought to make the healthiest, naturally sourced product. Our kombucha is a jun kombucha, made from green tea and honey, whereas normal kombucha is produced with black tea and sugar. We realized that we were not alone in seeking a natural alcohol. Beer preference is at an all-time low, and wine and spirits continue to see low digit year over year growth. The alcohol class exhibiting double digit growth is the near beer class (spiked seltzer, hard cider, etc).
Our Goals: Rapid growth, contingent upon two strict conditions: 1. We do not sacrifice quality of our product. 2. We do not sacrifice quality of our culture.
Our Culture: We derive much of our management policy from a book we give you upon hiring, ‘Let My People Go Surfing’, by Yvon Chouinard (founder, owner, Patagonia). Our policy is to allow workers flexible hours, provided the work gets done with no negative impact on others. Our ‘let my people go surfing’ policy demands that we hire very unique individuals; those with a combination of self-motivation, self-discipline, and energy.
JuneShine is a purpose-driven brand made up of an inclusive group of individuals with diverse backgrounds, passions, and beliefs. We hire self-motivated, independent thinkers, and those who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Bring your whole self to your craft at JuneShine, a proud equal opportunity employer.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).