Video Editor, Independent Contractor
Southern CA /
The Task At Hand:
The Video Editor, Independent Contractor will work remotely with the option to work at our office in Scripps Ranch as needed. Reporting directly to the Content Manager, this role supports the entire JuneShine creative team across a variety of video projects including but not limited to: TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube, ambassador projects, short films / longer form content, paid social ads.
Who You Are:
You have 3+ years of video editing design experience and crank out great work on the regular. You are well equipped to edit in a number of styles (short form, long form, linear and nonlinear), handle tight deadlines and have a true desire to understand the Why behind the work you are tasked with producing. You are proficient in Premiere Pro or Davinci Resolve but can also edit in app (TikTok). You have legit brand experience and/or design agency credibility.
In This Role You Will:
• Execute swift and stylised video post-production/editing after a thorough analysis of content and input from team(s)
• Edit and finalize a variety of videos — largely for Social Media (TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube)—in a variety of styles, lengths and formats
• Meet regularly with the Content / Social Team to determine video projects and align on respective deadlines
• Communicate about post-production process with the goal of relaying precise deliverables to key stakeholders on time
• Manage various visual material—ie. raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects to produce a final videos
• Review raw material and determine the best outcome(s) of videos
• Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to desired specifications
• Recut, remix and/or recombine existing brand footage to fit a variety of needs
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and revisions while adhering to tight deadlines while staying organized, meticulous, and motivated
• Stay up to date on modern video trends, editing techniques and technology
• Contribute to discovering and creating strategic solutions to team challenges with a commitment to the underlying “why”
• Actively find video solutions and answers independently as well as within a group setting
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with other team members to achieve exceptional video project outcomes
• Solicit regular feedback to ensure design strategy is aligned with companies’ overall objectives
• Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
• Lives in the desired territory of Southern CA (San Diego, CA preferred)
• Minimum of three years video editing experience
• Must have short form video editing experience for social media (TikTok / Reels)
• Must have Youtube style editing experience (VLOG)
• High proficiency video editing in Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve, and in app on TikTok
• High proficiency sound designing
• High proficiency color correcting / color grading
• Desire to work with a fast-paced, growing company
• Exceptional Organizational skills
• Independent Contractor
• Hourly, Full-Time, Estimate up to 40 hours per week, $3,000.00 - $6,000.00
• Contract duration: Up to 12 months
Who We Are
Our Purpose: Honest alcohol for a healthier planet.
Our Business: Frustrated with the lack of alcohols that cater to our healthy, outdoors-driven lifestyle, we decided to make our own. While most alcohols contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, and food coloring, we sought to make the healthiest, naturally sourced product.
Our Culture: Our core values are Quality, Sustainability, Transparency, and LMPGS People-First Culture. What’s LMPSG? Glad you asked. We derive much of our management policy from a book we give you upon hiring, ‘Let My People Go Surfing', by Yvon Chouinard (founder, owner, Patagonia). Our policy is to allow workers flexible hours, provided the work gets done with no negative impact on others. Our ‘let my people go surfing’ policy demands that we hire very unique individuals; those with a combination of self-motivation, self-discipline, and energy.
JuneShine is a purpose-driven brand made up of an inclusive group of individuals with diverse backgrounds, passions, and beliefs. We hire self-motivated, independent thinkers, and those who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Bring your whole self to your craft at JuneShine, a proud equal opportunity employer.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).
In an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process, we ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume (like profile photos) before you upload it. JuneShine is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position.