San Francisco, CA /
We are on a mission
Increasing housing supply remains a massive challenge in US cities, and the fragmented nature of the real estate industry has resisted innovation at scale. Juno is a real estate startup radically rethinking how housing and apartments get designed, built, and developed. Through a productized approach to ground-up development, we bring new precision, speed, and sustainability to our projects and are unlocking new opportunities to bring healthier, design-forward housing to US cities at scale.
Juno is tackling challenges in architecture, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain optimization, property management, community development, and finance.
While our outward goal is to enrich people’s lives by delivering a better place for the world to call home, our internal goal remains equally ambitious. Juno is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds feel deeply and genuinely welcome. Thank you for considering us as you think about your next chapter. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
How you'll help us achieve the mission
As the leader of the Legal team, you will help drive Juno’s growth while balancing business risk. Juno is preparing to scale and we need a business-minded senior leader to work across corporate, commercial, product, employment, and general legal issues. This role is not focused on pure risk mitigation, but rather on how we hold capitalizing on the risk mitigation that our product brings to the built environment. And also how we get to “yes” in the most first principles way possible. This role reports to the CEO and will work closely with the entire leadership team.
Juno as a company has embraced a fully remote approach to work, with teammates based in cities across the US, with regular opportunities to get together in person.
Areas of Focus
- Corporate: Work with external counsel on equity and debt financing, board measures, intellectual property, and other corporate matters. We operate with multiple entities and this complexity will grow as we scale.
- Commercial: Medium/large enterprise and partner contracting for architectural, construction, and supply chain/procurement services. We rely on a strong partner ecosystem while needing to protect Juno in a first principle manner. Understand contractor licensing requirements in the jurisdictions where Juno operates and assist with corporate governance on construction related matters.
- Real Estate: Work with real estate team and external counsel on acquisitions, capitalization strategies and day to day oversight for real estate development projects. Includes working with programmatic partners, GPs, LPs, construction lenders, and brokers.
- Employment: Work with external counsel on both routine and unique employee-relations matters.
- Risk: Manage Juno’s insurance portfolio and risk mitigation strategies.
- General: Deliver excellent service to internal teams on vendor management, NDAs, and other general legal matters.
What we're looking for in a teammate
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing of at least one state bar
- 10+ years of legal experience as either a transactional attorney or regulatory attorney
- Subject matter expertise in real estate and/or construction
- Regulatory, government affairs, corporate, or employment law is a plus, as is experience in leadership and people management
- Experience supporting operational business teams as they grow and scale
- Ability to apply a high level of discretion, common sense, and good judgment to ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently and directly with all levels of legal and business partners
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- You are detail-oriented, extremely organized, and capable of dealing with ambiguity
- You can translate goals into actionable plans
- You are self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of opportunities to ensure solution
- You are able to prioritize, multi-task, learn, adapt, and work well under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
- You can proactively manage up and across
- You’re a positive, empathetic team player skilled at collaboration and communication
- You’re solution-oriented and action-biased
- You’re low ego and constantly curious
- You believe no task is too small
- You are mission-aligned to the belief that people deserve a quality living experience at more attainable prices
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Experience at a technology-oriented early-stage or high-growth startup
- Construction and supply chain experience is valuable
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and computer skills
- A great sense of humor and willingness to grow and improve over time
- Experience managing other attorneys and legal professionals
Reasons to love being part of the Juno team
- Unique opportunity to join a mission-driven, innovative, early-stage startup positioned for growth
- Work with a smart, warm, dedicated team solving hard problems
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited, flexible PTO
- Work from home stipend
- Company-sponsored gatherings
Salary up to $200,000/year + equity.
Juno encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.