San Francisco, CA /
We are on a mission
Increasing housing supply remains a massive challenge in US cities, and the fragmented nature of the real estate industry has resisted innovation at scale. Juno is a real estate startup radically rethinking how housing and apartments get designed, built, and developed. Through a productized approach to ground-up development, we bring new precision, speed, and sustainability to our projects and are unlocking new opportunities to bring healthier, design-forward housing to US cities at scale.
Juno is tackling challenges in architecture, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain optimization, property management, community development, and finance.
While our outward goal is to enrich people’s lives by delivering a better place for the world to call home, our internal goal remains equally ambitious. Juno is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds feel deeply and genuinely welcome. Thank you for considering us as you think about your next chapter. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
The Development Manager will directly oversee the execution of Juno’s multifamily projects on time and on budget. This includes serving as the “project owner” for a project, including i) the efforts internally between Juno’s Design and Delivery teams, and ii) externally leading the entitlements, planning, and permitting process, which coordinates with the Juno Design and Delivery teams and in some cases working with a local co-development partner.
Essential Responsibilities: General
- Lead the due diligence and execution of multiple Juno multifamily projects simultaneously
- Prepare and understand financial underwritingObtain all entitlements and permitting, or oversee a local partner who does so
- Manage all project consultants, including internal Juno Design teams
- Adhere to critical dates in governing documents
- Monitor project budget and exposure to financial impacts
- Implement quality control to ensure the project is built in compliance with plans and owner expectations
- Collaborate with appropriate teams to ensure a successful lease-up
- Deliver development on time and on budget
Essential Responsibilities: Project-Related Due Dilegence
- Lead due diligence and pre-development for deals under LOI / contractObtain all reports, review and monitor findings, and provide resolution to issues
- Coordinate with Juno design and delivery teams on concept design, full CD set, and construction cost estimates throughout
- Coordinate with insurance and tax consultants to obtain insurance and tax quotes
- Coordinate with utility providers, including negotiation of easements, documents, and assistance with plan preparation and implementation
- Active participation in acquisition and loan closings
- Coordinate with Juno design and delivery teams and manage throughout design, permitting, and construction phases
Essential Responsibilities: Preconstruction and Construction
- Service as the developer's representative during the construction phase
- Coordinate between investors, lenders, general contractor, and design team
- Lead monthly on-site OAC meetings and address open items, including budget, schedule, quality control, RFIs, unexpected field conditions, and related solutions
- Serve as the primary point of contact for construction lender and equity investors
- Track potential financial impacts
- Analyze monthly job cost buy out reports, current schedules, change order logs, and soft cost evaluation and generate monthly report for Owner
- Walk with lender inspector and address all questions for funding
- Review and track architect’s reports for red-flag items and completion
- Oversee third-party professional consultants (ADA, sound, waterproofing, etc.) and ensure proper written documentation is obtained for inclusion in project plans, interim evaluations, and project close-out/turnover to the Owner
- Implement a project close-out process to prompt an efficient completion (including all certificates of occupancy, final as-built survey, architectural reports, Certificate of Substantial completion by architect, etc.)
Essential Responsibilities: General Deal Execution
- Working knowledge of governing documents (GMP, development agreement, operating agreement, loan documents, etc.)
- In-depth review and understanding of architectural and engineering plans
- 10-15 years of development experience in multifamily real estate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, effectively and succinctly
- Working knowledge of governing documents (GMP, development agreement(s), operating agreement(s), loan documents, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint experience; Google Suite (Sheets and Slides) and Slack are a plus
- A critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- A believer in the idea that urban development can do more to serve its stakeholders and the planet
Salary up to $150,000/year + equity.
Juno encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.