Software Engineer – Backend
Morrisville, NC /
JupiterOne (https://jupiterone.com) is a Cloud Security SaaS startup and we’re looking for an ambitious software engineer to join the backend development team.
Are you passionate about building scalable, resilient, secure, and robust cloud platforms? If so, we’re interested in chatting with you. Successful hires will receive a competitive salary, earn equity in the company, and see their contributions impact the architecture and direction of the product. JupiterOne is a small team of less than 20 people so we are looking for developers that can work independently and take ownership over the problems they solve.
JupiterOne began in 2018 and is already being used by companies like Reddit, Databricks, and Auth0 to manage and monitor their cloud infrastructure. As a LifeOmic company, we enjoy a culture of excellence among an accomplished group of executive leaders, scientists, engineers, and sales & customer engagement professionals. This is an opportunity to join a fully funded early stage startup with incredible prospects for growth (corporate, financial, and personal).
We're an inclusive team that is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Able to write concise and meaningful tests (developers are also QA engineers!)
- Understands “infrastructure as code” (no pointing and clicking to deploy a database!)
- Experience with AWS services and best practices
- Exposure to multiple programming languages during professional career
- Able to communicate complex concepts clearly and accurately
- Exposure to multiple data store technologies (relational databases, NoSQL databases, graph databases, full text search databases, distributed caches, etc.)
- Experience working with distributed messaging, queues, and streams
- Experience building REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Experience working with graph databases
- Experience working with microservices
- Experience with DevOps automation and Infrastructure as Code with tools like Terrafom or CloudFormation
- Experience with full stack development
- Contributed to open source projects (feature development, documentation, bug fixes, reporting bugs, etc.)
- Willing to explore new approaches to solving problems and challenging the status quo
- Eager to improve processes via automation
- Serverless (AWS Lambda and AWS Fargate)
- AWS (Neptune, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS, S3, Comprehend, etc.)
- Gremlin query language
- Python (data science and machine learning)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (preferred)