Just Insurance is a young, fast-growing start-up, looking to revolutionize the auto insurance industry. Our customers pay fair premiums which are based on how they drive, rather than how old they are or what area they live in. They pre-pay, adding how much they can afford, pay only for what they use and don’t have to sign up to long and expensive yearly contracts.
We provide our insurance through an app. It’s super simple to signup and to use, built using the latest technology and powered by our proprietary data algorithms. It helps us to measure how our customers drive, what price they should get and allows to settle claims fast.
Find out more: www.just.insure
We are an insurance company for the 21 century. Our mobile apps are the gateway to our service. We are passionate about great user experience. Signing up and getting insurance with us is super easy. We provide a personalised price for each customer based on how they drive, using telematics data gathered from our apps.
Our vision is to provide modern, revolutionary insurance via our mobile apps to improve driver safety, lower the risk of accidents and the cost of insurance. Our software engineering team, using the latest technology, is critical to achieving this mission.
What you'll do:
- Your primary responsibility is the development of our React Native mobile apps
- Your secondary responsibility is the development of our internal React web applications.
- Work collaboratively with the design and other members of the software engineering team
- Contribute to the architecture, future direction and sustainability of Just's front end strategy
What we're looking for:
- You have experience building cross platform React Native mobile apps.
- You have experience building React web applications
- Experience using TypeScript
- You care deeply about building reliable, well-tested systems
- You are great at explaining complicated technical concepts clearly
- Have an understanding of the principles of computer science
- You’re highly detail oriented
- You’re used to rapid iteration using Agile and Lean Start-up methodologies
- Have the ability to work in a highly organised and efficient manner
Highly regarded but not a prerequisite:
- Payments platform (such as Braintree) experience
- Telematics experience
- Usage based motor insurance (Cuvva, By Miles, etc) or retail banking start-up (e.g. Monzo, Starling, etc) experience
From a personal point of view, we're looking for someone who is innovative, collaborative and has passion for what they do. You'll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in from day one.
So that's what we need, what about what we can offer you.
You'll be joining a highly talented, focused and energetic team. Following agile principles, the software engineering team, design team and stakeholders work closely and collaboratively together.
We believe strongly in automation too. Our repos are in GitHub and our CI/CD pipelines are set up in CircleCI. We have logging and monitoring setup with PaperTrail and New Relic.
As we believe in flexible working, we ask employees to come into the office two days a week (Tuesday and Wednesday). We start at 10:00 to align with our Los Angeles, US office a little better. Our London office is based in Shoreditch, London's tech district, with excellent access to surrounding funky cafes, bars and markets.
We believe in work-life balance, and as such, you'll get your birthday and the days between Christmas and new years off, in addition to your 25 days holiday allowance.
Your remuneration is made up of salary, pension and a generous share options package.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a business that seeks to revolutionize a $222B industry - and that's in the US alone. If you are passionate about making a difference and have a hunger to shake up a market that is ripe for change, this is the role for you.