Senior Project Accountant
Los Angeles, CA
Just Insurance is a young, fast-growing start-up, looking to revolutionize the auto insurance industry. Our customers pay fair premiums which are based on how they drive, rather than how old they are or what area they live in. They pre-pay, adding how much they can afford, pay only for what they use and don’t have to sign up to long and expensive yearly contracts.
We provide our insurance through an app. It’s super simple to signup and to use, built using the latest technology and powered by our proprietary data algorithms. It helps us to measure how our customers drive, what price they should get and allows to settle claims fast.
Find out more: www.just.insure
What you'll be doing
- Lead month-end closing activities, including prepare detailed and well supported journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, variance analysis, consolidation and financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform transfer pricing, intercompany transactions, allocations, eliminations and consolidation using Sage Intacct system.
- Support quarterly and annual statutory reporting and other regulatory reporting and filings.
- Manage all accounting files, records, and schedules.
- Prepare and provide support for the audit schedules for external audit.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Ensure compliance with internal control policies.
- Work with Business Intelligent and play a very important role in developing and testing various financial/accounting data and reports
- Actively participate in identifying and making improvements to Accounting / Finance related workflows.
Skills you bring to us
- CPA preferred 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Industry Exposure: Insurance experience is required. Public Accounting or InsurTech experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with general accounting, month-end close procedures, eliminations and consolidations, controls, internal reporting & analytics, and working with external auditors
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and Statutory rules for P&C insurance; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding and communicating technical accounting issues and conclusions
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, accuracy, ability to work independently and multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong and clear communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent Excel/spreadsheet skills, competency with MSWord and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player, works well within a group, happy to take on responsibilities outside your role when needed
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand the business
This is an extraordinary opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a business that seeks to revolutionize a $222B industry - and that's in the US alone. If you are passionate about making a difference and have a hunger to shake up a market that is ripe for change, this is the role for you.