Senior People Business Partner
Los Angeles /
PEOPLE AND TALENT ACQUISITION – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
As a Senior People Business Partner, you play a key role in building trusted relationships with leaders and employees at various levels of the organization. Through these relationships, you provide partnership and advice to help us achieve our goals. You are adept with change management, agility, and know how to drive for results. Remote work from home options are available for viable candidates.
In this role, you expect to:
- Establishing yourself as a trusted partner and primary point of contact for your stakeholder groups.
- Proactively partnering with key stakeholders to identify and support business needs and goals via agile, human-centred, data-driven, innovative approaches.
- Supporting people & talent acquisition team members to initiate, project-manage, and execute improvements to existing programs.
- Supporting people & talent acquisition team members to create new programs and projects that are aligned with your stakeholders’ people and business roadmap.
- Acting as a trusted advisor on U.S. employment law.
- Supporting day-to-day employee relations and any acute escalations that may arise.
- Building an understanding of project scope, resource availability, road mapping, and timely stakeholder/cross-functional departmental communication.
- Providing mentorship, coaching, and guidance to team members and helping us build a learning culture.
- Navigating with agility, curiosity, and openness in a fast-moving, creative and technical environment
To be successful at this role, we are looking for:
- 8+ years of Human Resources (HR) experience in a project-based, creative culture
- 3+ years of People Business Partnership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Clear, concise, professional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- Experience in building trusting relationships with stakeholders and leaders
- Experience in change management
- Must be passionate about and/or have experience working in the video games industry
- Must have strong knowledge of U.S employment law. Additional experience working with Canada and/or Quebec client groups is a bonus.
In addition, it is nice to have:
- Further education in conflict management, coaching
- PHR/SPHR/CPHR Certification or other industry credentials
- Experience with fast-paced and growth-driven environment
- Ability to partner with strategic leaders to drive business strategy and operational goals
- Experience in working with employees at multi-sites
- Certified Coach
Benefits of working at Kabam’s Los Angeles Studio:
- Performance-Based Annual Incentives
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 100% Covered Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Accident and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Half-Day Fridays
- Paid Vacation / Sick Leave / Holidays / Christmas Break
- Commuter Benefits (Post-COVID19 WFH)
- Free Parking and Gym Access (Post-COVID19 WFH)
- Free Meals & Snacks (Post-COVID19 WFH)
For candidates located in California, the salary range for this position is $104,000 to $156,000. The salary of the successful candidate will vary within this range based on their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in North America, including Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, and Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.