Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Los Angeles /
FINANCE – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in… Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payroll, the Payroll & Benefits Specialist will support Kabam’s Finance team to administer the day-to-day payroll and benefits for all US and Canadian employees across 6 studios. You have a collaborative, analytical spirit to ensure the continued success of Kabam’s operations. This is a very analytically focused role and is a great opportunity to take on the challenge of supporting payroll in a multi-national capacity.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Prepare and administer full-cycle semi-monthly processing of hourly and salaried US payroll using Ceridian Dayforce
- Prepare reconciliations, payments, and payroll changes relating to various extended health benefit carriers
- Prepare and administer US employee health benefits with various third-party providers such as Fidelity, United Healthcare, United Concordia and Guardian
- Research payroll & benefits information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures before processing
- Compile and prepare payroll related reports and remittances after each pay run, and as needed; monthly, quarterly, and annually for various government and non-government agencies
- Compile data from a wide variety of sources for analyzing purposes and ensuring compliance with mandated requirements, and/or monitoring program components
- Manage all payroll related audits including but not limited to; 401K, Worker’s Compensation
- Ensure compliance with all government requirements, including taxes remittances, WorkSafe, quarterly and annual returns
- Continuously evaluate and suggest and/or implement improvements to payroll processes
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 3-5 years of Payroll & Benefits administration for various US states
- Experience processing payroll for over 300+ employees per payroll cycle
- Completed (or working towards) Certified Payroll Professional Certification
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner with staff at all levels
- Collaborates effectively with others regularly
- Supports direct and indirect team members; improves others' productivity and development; inspires and encourages teamwork
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Ceridian Dayforce, ADP Workforce, or other reputable payroll systems is an asset. Experience with system implementations/data migrations is also valuable
- Willing to learn and find solutions to complex issues
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as individually
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, and disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- 401K Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their 401K.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Learning and growth: we encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and modules available on our learning management system.
- Pay transparency: we share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s trying new local eats while enjoying the view in downtown SF or DTLA - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
$66,400 - $99,600 a year
For candidates located in California, the salary range for this position is $66,400 to $99,600. The salary of the successful candidate will vary within this range based on their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.