Senior Mobile Game Systems Engineer
GAME ENGINEERING – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
This job posting is for pipelining purposes. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent and sometimes have roles, such as this one, for which we are not currently hiring. However, we are building our candidate pipeline as we frequently do hire for this position!
If you enjoy solving complex Device/Game platform problems, working in collaborative team orientated environments, have a desire to make a tangible impact and most importantly love games then this Systems Engineering position is for you! If you are interested, we'd love for you to apply to this posting. If your skills, knowledge and passion align with the requirements of the role, we will be in contact as soon as a position becomes available!
In this role, you can expect to
- Take ownership of our performance optimization to allow our AAA Premium games to perform amazingly on billions of devices around the world.
- Deal with issues including profiling, memory, CPU, run-time, load-time, etc.
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- Experience in Profiling on any game platform (Mobile, iOS, Android, PC, Consoles)
- Knowledge in how to deal with platform/device specific issues
- A problem-solver with a keen eye for identify areas of improvement
In addition, it would be nice to have:
- Experience with the Unity engine
- Fixing crash bugs
- Bundling/asset management
- Data mining
- Perforce Integrations
- iOS/Android native code (Objective-C/Swift, Java) SDK / Plugins
- Unity Upgrades
- General infrastructure
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.