DATA / ANALYTICS – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
Are you a compelling storyteller who create the narrative through data? If so - read on as you just might be who we’re looking for! We’re looking for a Game Analyst to join Kabam Montreal as our team grows.
You have a strong passion for how data helps us make informed decisions when designing, building, and improving our games. You create your own SQL queries to grab the data you need to look at how our amazing players are enjoying the game. Through this, you identify and develop strategies to make the game even more fun. In addition, you run data-driven estimates to gauge the impact of your proposed changes on the game by working closely with other teams to introduce the thoughtful changes to our games. You are laser-focused and uber-analytical while thinking beyond the current state of the game.
This is your opportunity to level up with the best team in Montreal and work on massive free-to-play games that the world loves to play!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Establish core hypotheses and assumptions around the game
- Create your own SQL queries to get the data you need
- Structure and analyse data
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, compelling game economies, and player progression systems, and gather feedback to make design adjustments accordingly
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader player community
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics
- Contribute in a highly creative environment by implementing unique concepts and solutions
- Create clear and complete game design documentation for game content and features
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience as a Business Intelligence or Financial analyst. Nice to have is experience in F2P games.
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics...or some kind of combination thereof
- Do not apply unless you have experience in building your own SQL queries, it is a must. You also need to be an expert at using spreadsheets (primarily excel and google sheets)
- As a video game player, you have a deep understanding of how the game draws you in to have fun
- Incredibly analytical thinking with the ability to break problems down
- Market-knowledge that equips you with monetization strategies to improve performance in the game
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of video games with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
- Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love for working in small teams making games
It will be a Plus if you also have:
- Strong mathematical abilities and mad spreadsheet balancing skills
- Unity engine experience
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start a conversation with us.
Although we love talent from around the world, preference would be given to Canadian citizens or people who hold a valid, open work permit in Canada. Local to Montreal is a plus.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.