Executive Producer | Unannounced AAA Project
PRODUCTION PM – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Our Vancouver studio is looking for an Executive Producer to spearhead our next big AAA game project at Kabam. This is an unannounced original IP cross-platform title. As an EP, you will build accountability, cohesiveness and support within your team so they can work effectively together and, in turn, enable each employee and the team to succeed. You will support and foster a growth mindset by engaging and encouraging others to continuously learn through training, mentorship, feedback, and coaching.
You are an experienced product leader with direct experience producing all major game phases (e.g. concept, pre-production, production), including successful live production for AAA console games. You are a connector, linking senior leadership to employees through open communication to ensure all parties remain informed by appropriately cascading organization information and rolling up feedback from the team. You can stay at a high level and articulate a long-term strategy; at the same time, you can roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to support the team when the situation calls for it.
Don't live in Vancouver? Apply anyway! We support fully remote work setups for our employees.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Sustain product vision and goals in alignment with the organization’s overall strategic direction
- Develop, maintain, and be held accountable for the long-term product roadmap and its product goal achievement
- Collaborate directly with corporate partners to develop multi-year brand strategies
- Evaluate development processes for success and iterate where both the team and product need to grow
- Be a strong advocate for your team and their health
- Mentor the Production staff and serves as the primary advocate of our players
- Build excitement around products throughout the game team and the studio
- Remain current on competitor products, industry trends, and techniques in game design
- Evaluate "Product Health" in multiple product phases and is accountable for the overall strategy to maintain product health
- Regularly participate in the staffing, recruitment, onboarding, and performance review processes throughout the year
- Fosters a respectful work environment by encouraging collaboration and appreciation of diversity at all levels of the organization
- Cultivate a safe environment for the group that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict, and expeditious conflict resolution and sets the tone for positive team culture and contributes to the great culture at Kabam
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 10+ years in gaming (preferably in console), with 5+ years in a production leadership role managing a large team
- Experience as an Executive Producer or equivalent shipping a AAA console title with more than 1 million units sold, seeing through the full game development cycle, from concept to release
- Experience in crafting the direction for a product and the results to showcase it
- Strong understanding of technologies associated with game development and production (capabilities and limitations)
- Experience in working with data telemetry to craft and validate hypotheses and understand problems
- A track record of strong leadership, leading by example and being comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience dealing with both the ups and downs of an early unreleased product as well as running a live product
- Keeping the momentum of success going when things are good and experience in dealing with live issues when they randomly occur
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written, concisely and professionally with all levels of the organization
- Solid business acumen paired with the ability to understand complex issues and synthesize the information into digestible pieces to share with the team
- Ability to forge strong relationships within the team, across different disciplines and departments within the organization
- Superb organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
To take it up a notch, you will also have:
- Experience developing an original IP game from concept to ship
- Experience developing AAA console games in the Action, Adventure, or Fighting genres
- Experience running a game team with upwards of 100+ team members
- Experience partnering with external developers or co-dev studios is a plus
- Excellent understanding of the function and relationship between the different departments of game development
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.