MARKETING – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You’re a master at creating beautifully illustrated pieces to convey the essence of new characters as we celebrate their launch, epic group shots showing the expanse of the Marvel Universe and Contest of Champions. You enjoy creating mysterious teasers that give players a clue into who’s coming next. Charged with breathing action and life into screenshots captured from the game of the Champions in motion, you’ll assist with creation epic compilations of characters to suit the latest game update on our splash screens when users load up the game. You will be an integral part of brainstorming additional assets with the Marketing and Game Teams.
As an Associate Illustrator on Kabam’s Marketing Team, you’ll be tasked with creating beautifully illustrated pieces to convey the essence of new characters as we celebrate their launch, epic group shots showing the expanse of the Marvel Universe (and more as we add more games in the future), and creating mysterious teasers that give players a clue into who’s coming next. You’ll also be charged with breathing action and life into screenshots captured from the game in motion, and assisting with creation epic compilations of characters to suit the latest game update on our splash screens when users load up the game. But that’s not all, we also will look to you to be part of brainstorming additional assets with the Marketing and Game Teams.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for an Associate Illustrator to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
As an Illustrator, you’re expected to:
- Learn about the characters that you’ll be working on to understand who they are in order to capture this in your illustrations
- Be highly collaborative with the various teams you’ll be working closely with
- Be comfortable posing characters in Unity and Maya to get the right pose before you start painting a masterpiece
- Have strong attention to detail and quality
Your background includes:
- Must have exceptional Adobe Photoshop and digital painting skills
- Must have a strong eye for composition and attention to detail
- Must have a great portfolio showing a range of illustration work
- Must have experience with posing models and rendering in 3D software packages such as MAYA, XSI, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D
- Must have a love for film, animation and comics, and well versed in cinematic layout and shot design
- Ability to quickly produce high-quality work and meet hard deadlines
- Strong communication skills and highly organized
- 2-3 years experience in illustration
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Experience working in the gaming or entertainment industries a plus
- Experience using Unity a plus
- Knowledge of the Marvel and Transformers Universes and their characters a plus
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.