Associate Software Engineer (Backend)
GAME ENGINEERING – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
We’re looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to become software engineers to join our Game Engineering Entry Program as an Associate Software Engineer (Backend). You love games and are fascinated by working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and mentor you.
What are we looking for?
- A New Grad with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You have 1+ year (co-op/internship) professional / industry level software programming experience.
- You have worked on a RESTful system (school projects, side projects, indie, personal hobbies).
- You're able to demonstrate your engineering concept and instinct by presenting your projects.
- You are familiar with one or more server programming languages (node.js, Java, .Net, PHP), and you can show us your code samples (for example on Github)
As a plus, it would be nice to have:
- Experience with Git version control system.
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with various web/networking tools like "wire shark", postman, etc.
- Experience with Database (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Show us some interesting things that you have done.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.