Software Engineer (Co-op) - January 2020
ENGINEERING CT – Currently Hiring
Co-op / Intern
Are you a 3rd or 4th year student with a passion for video games? Do you have the desire to help create compelling interactive experiences for our players? Are you excited by the idea of working with iconic franchises such as Marvel and Transformers? Well we have the opportunity for you!
We are looking for aspiring Software Engineers to work with our experienced team of Engineers as part of a co-op program which begins in January and extends over a four (4) month term. During this time, you will work within a collaborative environment while gaining knowledge and first-hand experience in building gameplay features. What you work on will be enjoyed by millions!
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
Area of work that co-ops have opportunities to contribute to include:
- Collaborating with our programmers on integration and support tasks
- Acting upon feedback from stakeholders to refine and hone features
- Working closely with producers, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements that may arise
We are looking for:
- 3rd of 4th year in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Highly motivated with the drive to take on new challenges and problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
What will make you stand out:
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest mobile gaming trends
- Passion for mobile free-to-play games
- Knowledge of object oriented languages (Either Unity, C#, and/or node/js are a BIG plus)
- Strong understanding of both relational and non-relational databases is an asset
- Experience working on game related projects is an asset
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.