Senior Environment Artist
ART – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
At Kabam Austin we’re prototyping new games, building new technologies, and fashioning new worlds in mobile gaming. Our team is growing - we have 35 people and soon to have multiple projects.
This role will work on an original game -- a distinctively stylized world with a strong sense of mood, setting, culture, and form.
We’re looking for a Senior Environment Artist, experienced in both organic and hard surface modeling, who will carry the gold standard for the in-game worlds' set decoration, architecture , materials, and composition. You understand how to use value structure, atmosphere, proportion, weight, and scale to achieve this standard.
- Relevant Work Samples: Examples of bold and colorful stylized scenic work, fully realized outdoor environments that show foliage and lighting
- Technical Literacy: Can reduce shader instructions while maintaining a great look, expert at game-res topology, proficient in baking textures for materials
- Excellent sketches of a variety of fantastical pieces
- You’re a self-starter
- Experience shipping AAA projects
- Shipped a title that uses Unreal Engine 4
- Proficient in Maya
- Has used Substance Designer in production
Nice To Have Qualifications
- Examples pieces in related areas, such as: Highly detailed cinema-quality hero piece work, complex pieces (vehicles, weapons), zBrush sculpts
- Tool agnostic - can use any tool to get the job done (Modo, Blender, Fusion360, Quixel, etc)
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.