Payroll Clerk (1 year contract)
FINANCE – Currently Hiring
Temporary Full-time (TFT)
As a Payroll Clerk, you live payroll and payroll systems. You pride yourself in delivering an exceptional quality of work and challenge yourself to be consistently accurate. You build strong relationships through each interaction you have and enjoy being the “go-to” person for sensitive questions. As an articulate and empathetic professional, you thrive working in a highly motivated team. You practice spreadsheet wizardry and have mastered features such as Pivot tables, Vlookup and if-functions. Finally, you are a delight to work with and a rock star- at what you do!
You will contribute by:
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, verifying, calculating and entering data
- Verify and process new hires, resignations and terminations (i.e. calculations)
- Managing time and attendance administration for hourly employees
- Assist in preparation and processing semi-monthly full-cycle payroll for Canadian and US employees
- Assist in Monthly Benefit reconciliations
- Assist in maintaining and updating employee and payroll records
- Assist in with year-end preparation for Canadian and US payroll
- Ensuring government reporting and remittance requirements are completed and accurate
- Maintains employee’s confidence and protects payroll operation by keeping information confidential
Adding to the mix, your background should include:
- Pursuing the PCP or PCP designation
- Two to three years of applicable payroll and benefits experience
- A diploma in business administration or related field, with some accounting courses
- Excellent communication skills and intermediate excel skills
- Eager to learn and grow in a payroll career and also be flexible and adaptive to change
- Quick Learner and not be afraid to ask questions
- Other ad hoc projects and other duties may be required
- A sense of humour!
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.